Sometimes seeking motivation to work out can be a work out in itself. Hectic schedule, low energy, distractions – the list goes on. To help clear those hurdles, we’ve made a list of 10 things to inspire you to get going.
1. Schedule it in: Bring some order to your day (or at least part of it) by making time on the calendar so that you’re not fighting to wedge in a session last minute.
2. Set the stage: Establish a designated workout space in your home with your equipment at the ready. Lay out your workout gear at the start of the day so that you’re ready for a quick-change. Check out some Inspire Fitness inspo from friends following the Inspire Fitness Instagram.
3. MUSIC: Keep a couple of playlists on deck for your sessions – and don’t forget to include the wind-down music after you’ve sweated it out in HIIT for 30 minutes.
4. Give yourself a gold star: Plan a reward (that doesn’t take you two steps back on your fitness goals). Buy a new piece of workout gear, stream an extra episode, indulge in a self-care practice, experiment with a creative recipe, treat your home to a new plant.
5. Be nice: Build your motivation around the positive changes to come, not focusing on negatives about yourself. Hype yourself up with positive, forward language like “building strength” and “gaining energy” – and not by tearing yourself down with self-shaming words. Look at it this way: If you stick with it, the goal will be attained – be kind to yourself as you charge ahead!
6. Small wins, big changes: Whether it’s a half-marathon, the next set of weights, or getting your reps up, track your progress, and celebrate the milestones along the way.
7. Word to the wise – You’re only as good as your word, right? Take down positive mantras, quotes, sayings, and lyrics and keep them visible so that you have a little help when your inner voice is feeling down.
8. #MondayMotivation: Share progress pics, fit data, inspiring words, new workouts, and set your workout schedules at the beginning of the week to either workout together or make sure that you are sticking to the plan.
9. Rise to the challenge: Whether you want to share your progress with the world or keep your wins to yourself, there are an endless amount of fitness challenges out there to gamify your workouts and level up your exercises with some fun.
Our tenth tip will give you that extra edge to stay motivated: Get a Trainer. A true game-changer – Inspire Fitness has virtual and affordable sessions from World-class trainers who are available at the touch of a button on our app.
There are many benefits to working out with a trainer:
– Build the most effective workouts to hit your goals faster
– Learn proper form and build better habits
– Stay motivated and get empowered!
– Assistance if you don’t know where to start
– Challenge you as you level up
– Workout responsibly – don’t overdo it for the sake of breaking a sweat!
– New ideas and professional perspective to mix it up when you’re bored
– Learn about new equipment possibilities to build your home gym
Take it even further with Inspire Fitness Trainers:
– Tune-in to a range of workouts to suit your personal goals (on-demand, or live). Each session is built with the intention to achieve a specific result.Cardio, Free-Weights,Yoga – it’s all here.
– Narrow in on goals, whether it be weight loss vs muscle building, we’ll make it simple to choose workouts that are right for you.
– Learn about the benefits and uses of different pieces of fitness equipment to build a home gym tailored for your needs.
– Don’t be shy – follow our trainers and turn on notifications to keep up with even more workouts! If you have questions about the routine, you can reach out at [email protected] to have a conversation with any trainer and make sure that you’re on the right path.